Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hoping for Progress

Tomorrow, I go in for my 36w OB/GYN check up. I am hoping to get my GBS test, and see if I have had any progress over the last week. I am excited to hit 37w on Sunday... I can't believe I made it this far.

Today I woke up and found out my cell phone had been disconnected so I had to go through and convince B's biodad to make a payment-- which thankfully he did. This is not really the time of my life to be without a cell phone, considering I will be delivering a baby within the next three weeks!

I also met with a lady who is going to let me use her washer/dryer a couple days a week while her children are in school. In exchange, I will help her organize her house, or do light cleaning for her while my laundry is running. She is really nice, and I am hopeful the situation will work out! At the very least, it will save me $60+ dollars a month in laundry cost, and its no additional hassle since Matt would need to drag the laundry down three flights of stairs ANYWAY if we were going to the laundromat.

She also gave me a tub of Oxyclean, which I am sooo happy with! I am hoping to use it with each load and help clean my laundry a bit better!! If this works out really well, on top of the money savings, Matt and I can look into cloth diapering Addison.

Of course, that is a whole other headache.... seeing as my dad called me and said that the sewing machine that my mom was going to give to me can't be fixed... which means that I'm SOL for getting a sewing machine... No curtains, pillows, and diapers for us. Oh, phooey. So, I'm going to have to look up machines over the next couple months and pick one that I want for Christmas. Decisions, decisions...

I painted the first coat of the blue shelf this evening. I was going for a yellow, and it came out a very nice faded spring green with yellow highlights. Now, in an hour, I am going to try and paint another coat and see if it comes out any, erm, more yellow!! I am not quite sure I want a green shelf (however pretty it may be) next to my daughter's pink bassinet!

Tomorrow we are heading back to storage to finish our wonderful adventures in storage... We have until Sept 7th to get out of the 10x10 unit, and I am hoping that we can get the rest of the unit finished tomorrow night after the weather cools down considerably.

The only things we have left to do in storage are:
  1. Move boxes from apartment to storage (9-2)
  2. Reorganize boxes of books (Find books to possibly freecycle, sell on Amazon, and bring back to the house)
  3. Have Matt go through his paperwork in storage (Bring back the paperwork to the apartment that is garbage to be burned)
  4. Repack/Organize miscellaneous boxes
  5. Repack holiday/fragile items
  6. Look into bike storage
Hopefully Matt's sister will be here this weekend to get her furniture, as I am beyond distressed with this entire situation and I am hoping that this nightmare will be behind us soon.

Well, I am off. Matt and I have to go get my car from the mall because I got a terrible dizzy spell earlier and he had to come pick me up while I was at the mall running errands. Stupid random blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment